Key takeaways from Dangers in My Heart Mid-Season Review:
- The author is a fan of romance anime but is conflicted about their feelings towards Dangers in My Heart. They provide a mid-season review of the anime and express their mixed opinions on it.
- The author organizes their thoughts according to the episodes and highlights the lack of character growth in the early episodes, which almost made them give up on the series. However, they appreciate the character development of Ichikawa in later episodes.
I have said time and again that I am quite a big fan of romance animes. I mean, who wouldn’t be? It is something a lot of us probably haven’t experienced in real life. I know I haven’t. Jokes aside, there is something about romance animes that really grabs me. In fact, 2 of my favorite animes of all time are romance animes.
But the thing is Dangers in My Heart didn’t resonate with me. I am very divided on this anime because parts of it kind of annoy me while other parts are pretty good.
So welcome back to another one of my mid-season reviews. Today, let’s take a look at Dangers in My Heart or Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu. You may not agree with some of the stuff I am about to say but, please remember that all of this is subjective.
What do I think about Dangers in My Heart?
So I will put my thoughts according to the episodes. Because I think that will be the best way to organize them and that will put into perspective how divided I feel about this anime.
- Episode 1 – Nothing too special but entertaining and charming. Does a good job of introducing the main cast and the vibe of the story.
- Episodes 2-4 – NOTHING CHANGES. It is like episode 1 all over again. Same pattern with slight differences, and no character growth (aside from Ichikawa realizing he likes Yamada). These episodes almost made me give up on the series. Buuuuut
- Episodes 5-6 – FINALLY a change in pattern and some character growth for both MCs. These episodes were genuinely good and showcased the MCs way better than before.
So yeah, you can see how conflicted I am with this series right now. If it maintains an episode 5/6 level of quality going forward, I can stick to it. But if it reverts to episode 2/3 again, this time, I may actually drop it. I usually don’t drop animes that easy but this one started to get pretty stale in those three episodes.
I appreciate Ichikawa’s character development the most so far. He is a petty big introvert, he stutters whenever he is talking to people. And yet, he realized his feelings towards Yamada pretty quickly and started working towards it in his own way. Well of course, he is not very good at it since he can’t even talk properly but he is trying. I would really like to get Yamada’s perspective on things at this point.
So something I like, something I don’t. Dangers in My Heart Went from decent to unbearable and back to decent in a span of 6 episodes for me. That might not be the case for you so let me know what you think in the comments. You want a good romance anime recommendation from this season? Check out this article.
With that said, I will take my leave here. See ya!!